[All-societies] IMPORTANT: All-Societies E-mail

Owen Morris treasurer at swansea-union.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 17:31:34 BST 2006

Dear All,

Please forward relevant information to your committee and general
membership

*	To try and improve society administrative efficiency, for the next
few weeks I will be located in the back office of the ENTS Office. Cozy.
There is no phone point as yet, so please concentrate your enquiries via
e-mail. In an emergency, please ring the ENTS Office on (01792) 295485/83.

*	The all-societies meeting WILL take place this Wednesday
(11/10/06)at 6pm in GLYNDWR LECTURE THEATRE D. Attendance is compulsory for
at least one committee member. If that committee member is also a committee
member of more than one society then they may attend for all their
societies. This person may not be a committee member of one society and a
general member of another. A register will be taken, so please make sure
that somebody attends from your society, otherwise a fine will be imposed.

*	Thankyou to those who sent me the details of their problems
regarding the new porter provision (all campus buildings closed by 6pm, £50
charge for use after this time). Please keep them coming.

*	I am still missing registration forms for some societies. Please
ensure your society has handed theirs in, otherwise the SU will deny you
access to services such as use of the bars, the minibus and notice boards.

*	Look out for an e-mail from me tomorrow morning about notice boards.
I’m sorry for the delay on this, but the office move has caused a bit of a
backlog today.

*	There is a national anti-top-up fee demonstration organized by the
NUS on October 29th in London. Please buy a ticket for the bus from the ENTS
Box Office or from the Sabbatical Suite to come along and make your voices
heard about this ridiculous issue. For £5 you can get a ticket for the buses
leaving Fulton House at 6am and returning from London at 6pm. For further
details, please contact your SU Education Officer, Stuart ‘Chugga’ Jones, at
educationofficer at swansea-union.co.uk or on (01792) 295465.

*	There is a Student General Meeting (SGM) on Thursday (12/10/06) at
6pm in Faraday Lecture Theatre A. Attendance is compulsory for at least one
committee member, and this member may not represent more than one society. A
register will be taken and a fine imposed for non-attendance in accordance
with the SUSU Constitution.

*	I still need society-based e-mail addresses, unless you prefer using
your personal e-mail addresses. Please let me know your preference.

That is all, have a nice Monday evening whatever you get up to, and I’ll see
you in the week
..

Owen

Owen Morris