[SUCS Devel] Idea for use of society.swan.ac.uk website

Justin Mitchell arthur at sucs.org
Fri Jul 6 15:49:58 BST 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 11:35:51AM +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> Thus I propose that we redevelop society.swan.ac.uk to list ALL clubs
> and societies (AU or SU) with a simple page for each which the group
> in question can maintain, just a basic template which can be filled
> out, with a couple of photos, some text and a couple of contact
> details, name, email, phone for example and a link to the groups main
> web-site (if they have one).

the biggest question i have is how to handle authentication.

do we find lists of all the appropriate people and email them
a password we generate.

or should we just not try and leave it open in a wiki style

we could even just make the entire site be a wiki and let societies
put up their own choice of content.  although we would have to
patrol it regularly to remove anything nasty, this may still be less
effort than writing a system and maintaining the lists.