[SUCS Devel] Webcam applet
welshbyte at sucs.org
Wed Oct 17 23:00:03 BST 2007
Chris Jones wrote:
> Andrew Price wrote:
>> I've tested it with motion on my PC but it can't use the webcam.sucs.org
>> stream because it's on a different host and java applets can't open
>> connections to hosts that they're not hosted on themselves due to some
>> applet security policy fluff.
> The security fluff goes away if the applet is signed (as I remember), or
> of course we can simply host it under the webcam.sucs.org vhost.
I did look into that but signing it didn't seem to fix it. It was all a
bit confusing and uninteresting to me so maybe I did it wrongly.
> One question, how is this applet going to be better/different than the
> one we used before?
It's pretty much going to be the same (webcam applets aren't that
featureful after all), however, here are some advantages:
- Possible to add fun new features eg image filters activated by widgets
- Cambozola seems old and unmaintained (issues with compiling with new
- Another open source project to put our name to
- We really need at least 1 java sucs project for members to work on
- The .jar file is almost 1/4 the size at the moment so it loads faster
Need I go on? :)
More information about the Devel