[SUCS Devel] Current Song

Andrew Price welshbyte at sucs.org
Mon May 5 01:49:02 BST 2008

On 04/05/08 23:51, Oliver Head wrote:
> Our streaming Server was restarted for some reason (power cut or service restart or similar perhaps) and the current song information needs remounting please when you get a minute.

Didn't seem like anything needed to be mounted but I restarted the loop
that runs the metadata script and the 'Now playing' bit on the website
seem to be working now.

> Could this be set-up to automatically start after a reboot?

This would need an initscript to be written to run 'python metadata.py'
on startup and store a PID file so that it can be stopped and restarted
too. I don't have time at the moment so I'm CCing the SUCS devel list in
case anyone's bored of revision/dissertations/life and wants an easy
project ;-)

Cheers,

--
Andy Price | SUCS Admin