Orientbeering and Lord Hereford's Knob ;)

uwshiking uwshiking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 14:12:24 BST 2004

Hey guys,
I wasn't quite sure that with a subject line like that you'd want to open this message! Anyway, to the important stuff...

This Sunday 1st May we're off to sample the delights of the Brecon Beacons, with a challenging C walk to Lord Hereford's Knob. This old club walk has been resurrected this year, cos we thought it looked cool, and probably cos someone thought it'd be amusing to get me to put it on the notice board! No, seriously, it should be a great walk, and if the weather doesn't change too much, there'll be some fab views. Sign up this week as usual.

But before that, there's Orientbeering in Clyne gardens, this Wednesday 28th March. We'll be meeting at the entrance to the student village on the Gower road (buses from campus) at 2.30pm, and heading down through the gardens, picking up our beer on the way! We'll finish at the Woodman on Mumbles road, where we'll see who got round the quickest! If you haven't paid by now, then the cost will be £2.50 on Wednesday.

This week you can also sign up for the Three Cliffs Bay night hike, which will be next Tuesday 3rd May. At this time of year, this isn't really a night hike, as it's light most of the way, with the sun setting as we reach Caswell bay, and finish the walk off with a BBQ! The perfect way to escape the stresses of exams and deadlines, this easy A walk will cost £2, and £2 extra for the BBQ. Let us know if you're vegetarian etc when you sign up.

The deadline for booking your place for the Lake District summer trip is fast approaching. This C graded trip will be from the 7th to the 10th June (after all the exams), and will cost £35. Sign up before Monday 2nd May, with a £5 deposit to secure your place. If we don't get enough people interested, we won't be able to go, so if you know someone who's still not sure, get them to decide!!!

Last but not least, you can still order your 2003/2004 Hiking club t-shirt, for the bargain price of £7. With a unique design produced every year, this is a great souvenir of your year in the hiking club. Deadline for orders is Monday 2nd May.

Ok, I think that's everything, enjoy the sunshine!
Sarah :)