Welcome!

uwshiking uwshiking at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 13:15:14 BST 2004

Greetings!!!

If you're reading this email, then you've made a good start to the year- you've joined (or almost joined) the UWS hiking club! If you've joined by mistake (um...) or have no idea what this is all about, then let me know and I'll stop annoying you with random emails.

Anyway. Welcome! Whether you're new to Swansea, or to the club, or you've already been around for a while, there's still lots to tell you, so keep reading. This term has some fantastic treats in store, as we introduce you to the delights of the Brecon Beacons and the Gower Peninsula, and head further afield to one of the most beautiful of Britains national parks, the Peak District. And of course, finishing with our annual Christmas dinner and dance!

So, first things first, we kick off this Sunday 3rd October with our first walk, along a stretch of the stunning Gower coastline, from Rhossili to Port Eynon. If you're a bit out of practice, never fear, for this easy A graded walk (for details of walk grades see the walks programme or visit the website www.uwshiking.org.uk and click info) is gentle on the muscles, giving ample opportunity for admiring the view, and getting to know your fellow club members, and a bargain at only £2.50!

You can sign up for this walk (and all club events), and also join the club, in JC's bar in Fulton House between 12.30 and 1.30 every Wednesday and Friday. Bring along your purple membership card (which you should have recieved when you joined), or your AU card if you're not yet a member. This is also a good time to ask questions, and maybe even get some answers!

Also this week is our first club social event, the Equipment Trip to Out and About outdoor shop in Swansea on Thursday 30th Septmber (note change of date from the newsletter). This is your chance to pick up any gear you might need at discounted prices! For all club walks you will need walking boots (not trainers) and full waterproofs (jacket and trousers), so if you're missing these, this is your chance to get hold of them before heading for the hills! We will meet in the Quadrant Bus Station at 6.00pm on Thursday, and make our way to Out an About from there. And I'm sure we'll be heading to a convenient watering hole (erm, pub) nearby for a friendly drink afterwards!

OK, that's all for now, must try to avoid information overload! If you have any queries at any time, email info at uwshiking.org.uk or check out the website (address above).

See you around!
Sarah :)