Pembrokeshire Coast and A-Z of Wind Street

uwshiking uwshiking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 18:09:48 GMT 2005

Greetings happy hikers!!!

So, everyone glad that term has started and getting into those lectures? Hmm. Well, if you're feeling the need for a break already, read on for some quality suggestions to get out and about...

This Sunday January 30th (yes it's the end of January already!) we're heading west to Pembrokeshire for a nice relaxing stroll along this wonderful stretch of coastal National Park. This A graded walk costs £4.00 and takes in the south Pembrokeshire coast past Manorbier with views of Caldey Island.

The following week brings our first social of this term, the A-Z of wind street! On Tuesday 1st February we will meet at 7.30 in Walkabout at the Castle square end of wind street, and make our way from pub to pub, drinking our way through the alphabet as we go! So, you could start with Archers, Aftershock, or Ale, followed by Baileys, Budweiser (or just Beer if you're feeling unadventurous) and then perhaps Carling, Caffreys, or Cointreau. Get the idea? Well turn up on Tuesday and show us what you're made of!

Before the A-Z is your chance to sign up for the first weekend away of this term to Shropshire. A fantastic opportunity to enjoy this beautiful and often overlooked walking area, which takes in walks along the Long Mynd, and is home to the world's first cast iron bridge! This B graded weekend will be from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th February, and will cost £25 as usual. More information will be available at the sign up, which will be in JC's at 6.00pm on Tuesday (February 1st) but get there early as places are limited!

Another reminder about our upcoming AGM, when we will vote on the new committee for the next year! This will be in Divas Green Room, at 6.30pm on February 8th. Nominations have already been recieved for a number of positions, but its not too late to stand if you want to get involved! You'll need a nominator and seconder, who are club members, and hand your details to a committee member before Monday February 7th. Details of the committee positions can be found in the current newsletter (get yourself a copy at a sign up if you haven't already), or ask a committee member.

Ok, that's all for now, have a good week!
Sarah :)