[Hiking] Cefn Bryn, and Fan Fawr

Chris Jones hiking at sucs.org
Tue Nov 8 12:52:27 GMT 2005

Hi guys, its the friendly Hiking Club email pixie here again.

We somehow managed to stay relatively dry on Sundays walk despite the
dire weather forecast, you can checkout the photos on the website

Tonight we are off to the Gower for the Cefn Bryn night hike, there
are still a couple of places if you want to come along, We will be
meeting in JC's at 6pm and leaving shortly afterwards. Cost £2, Grade
A bring warm layers and a torch!

This Sunday (the 13th) we are off to the Beacon Beacons to 'do' Fan
Fawr. This is a C grade walk, with a decent climb at the start,
but once you've managed that its a bit more easy-going for the rest
of the way. Great views across the Brecons, particularly of Pen-y-
Fan, which is just across the valley, make this walk well worth £3.50.

And finally a reminder about the T-Shirt Design Competition! This is
your chance to show off those artistic skills and design the t-shirt
for this year! We need a A4 sized design for the the back, and 10 x
10cm logo for the front, the design must include "Swansea University
Hiking Club 2005/6" somewhere, so us older members don't forget what
year it was from. If your stuck for inspiration take a look at past
years designs on the web site. If your design wins you get your t-
shirt free, so get your pencils out! The deadline for entries is the
end of the month.

If you want to signup for a walk you can find us in JC's between
12:30 and 13:30 every Wednesday and Friday.

If you have any queries or comments, don't hesitate, get in touch!

--
Chris Jones, Hiking Club Chairman
http://www.uwshiking.org.uk