[Hiking] Peak district trip Itenary

Chris Laidler chrislaidler at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 23:04:40 BST 2006

Peaks Trip Itenary

• 27th October
At 5pm we leave uni heading for the Peak district, aiming to arrive between
9pm and 10pm. Our accommodation is a camping barn in the very heart of the
Peaks. En route we’ll stop off at a service station for a bite to eat, feel
free to bring your own food if you wish.

• 28th October
Rising fairly early we head off for a full days hiking (B,2 grade). This is
likely to be around Kinder Scout Area in order for the older members to
teach new freshers the art of bog surfing. As usual we aim to finish the
walk at a pub however we’ll probably be staying longer to enable people to
buy a cooked dinner here if they wish. Then we return to the barn for an
early night.

• 29th October
On the last day of our trip we’ll be doing a shorter walk (probably not more
than 4 or 5 miles) aiming to finish in one of the Peak district’s pretty
towns or villages. We’ll be departing around 3pm with the aim of arriving
home between 7 and 8pm in the evening.

Price of the trip will be £30 and includes everything except food. You will
also need to bring:

•	Sleeping bag (and roll mat if you have one).
•	Food for the duration of the trip
•	Plenty of spare clothing
•	Usual hiking equipment (boots etc)
•	Money for a pub meal (if you would like one)

Other notes
The barn is equipped with cooking utensils, a couple of hobs and a
microwave. We think there might be a fridge but we’re not sure… One thing
the barn doesn’t have is a shower so we advise you to have one just before
you leave home!! If anyone has lectures 5- 6pm on Friday and wishes to come
please tell a committee member and we’ll arrange to leave slightly later.

Hope to see you at the signup :)
Chris