[Hiking] 1st year rep elections, night hike!!!

Andrew Sprules publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Oct 24 09:42:09 BST 2006

Hello,

I hope you're all having a good day today and didn't get too wet at the
weekend.

Tomorrow, Wednesday sees the club hold its first year rep elections. First
year reps have a seat on the committee where they can see how the club
works and can get more involved in helping run the club. Two first year
reps will be elected and to run for it all you have to do is be in your
first year with the club and be prepared to say a little bit about
yourself. The elections will take place in Yates at the top of Wind Street
from 7pm, if you're interested in running for the position then just let
the committee know, you can tell us at Yates before the elections begin.
If you're interested in attending then we meet in Yates at 7pm or you can
meet in JCs at 6:30pm then as a group we all head to Yates from there.
Remember to bring your ID and your AU card. Do come along, even if you
don't want to go for first year rep your vote still matters and we still
get to enjoy a chat and a couple of drinks!

Next Tuesday, 31st October, Halloween sees our first night hike to Cefn
Bryn. This is a gentle walk along the central ridge of the Gower and is
graded A1 and will cost £3 at most. Come along to the regular sign-ups on
Wednesday and Friday 12:30-1:30 in JCs and sign-up to the walk. This is a
very enjoyable hike and past years photos can be seen on the website.
REMEMBER as people are going to the Peak District this weekend there is no
Sunday walk so come along to the night hike next on Tuesday instead!

Thats all for now! Yay that was a nice shorter e-mail.

Hope to see you all tomorrow night for the first year rep elections.
Have fun

Andrew

http://www.uwshiking.org.uk