[Hiking] Re; Waterfall walk, Snowdonia and Orientbeering

Jack Jones publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue May 8 13:32:13 BST 2007

Hello Hikers,

tHE NIGHT HIKE TONIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER. THE BBQ WILL
BE MISSERABLE IN THE RAIN AND THE WIND AS IM SURE YOU WILL AGREE. wE ARE
REALLY SORRY ABOUT THIS.

This SUNDAYS WALK takes us to the southern Brecon Beacons for the highly
regarded YSTRADFELLTE WATERFALL WALK, GRADE B2

The walk takes us along the river Mellte (Welsh for 'lightening'!!). The
route passes two main falls on the river, Sgŵd Clun-gwyn and Sgŵd Isaf
Clun-gwyn. The climax of the walk is at Sgŵd yr Eira on the Afon Hepste
where the footpath passes behind the waterfall. THIS IS A SPECTACULAR AND
UNIQUE WALK.

For this walk you will need full waterproofs. Due to the wet and slippery
rocks people with mp3 players trainers and jeans will not be allowed on
the bus.

sIGN UP FOR THIS WALK DURING THE USUAL SLOTS ON WED AND FRI IN JC'S

SIGN UP FOR ORIENTBEERING THIS WEEK. Orientbeering is our joint second
highlight of our social calendar! You are given a map, some cryptic clues
and a quest to find alcohol (empty bottles MUST be provided as proof of
finding!). Immense fun, a must as relief from revision! A bbq will follow.
Lets hope for better weather!!

You can come to the bbq and not the orientbeering if you want, but you
will still need to sign up.

IF YOU WANT TO COME TO SNOWDONIA YOU MUST SIGN UP BY THE END OF THIS WEEK.
Its got to that stage now where we need to know exactly who's coming.

Jack Jones

http://www.uwshiking.org.uk