[Hiking] Orientbeering

HERRIDGE A.J. (360738) A.J.HERRIDGE.360738 at swansea.ac.uk
Tue May 15 15:06:46 BST 2007

Hi guys!

We will be meeting for Orientbeering at 1pm outside the Student Village (near the bus stop for Sunday hikes). Alternatively, (treasurer) Chris will be in JCs at 12 if anyone wants to walk but doesn't know the way. The BBQ will probably be around 6pm, somewhere around Pub on the Pond area on the beach at a guess! The Club will provide food but not drink for the BBQ (although there may be some left over from the afternoon). If anyone wants to bring drink but not carry it while orientbeering it should be possible to leave it with me.

As far as kit goes. There are no rules, BUT... Given the rain recently it is likely that mud will be encountered! I would also suggest bringing waterproofs, cos you never know! A rucksack will be handy for collecting up the bottles/packets and maybe some water since you don't know how long you'll be out there...

Celine is doing well apparently. She texted me to say that it was nothing serious and that it is only bruising. She would like to thank everyone on the walk for their much appreciated help! Well done peeps :-D

See you tomorrow!

Alex