[Hiking] RE; sundays walk and forthcoming socials.

Jack Jones publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Nov 20 20:20:34 GMT 2007

Hello hikers,

This sundays walk:  Llanfrynach - Pontsticill  Sunday 25th November

                    Grade - A1; Cost - £5

This is a new walk in the Brecon Beacons and promises to be a special one.
The River Usk and the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal with its famous
aqueduct over the river are nearby. Llanfrynach nestles in the foothills
of the Beacons so this is an ideal location from which to walk.
Pontsticill is in the Taf Fechan Valley and sited by a bridge over the Taf
Fechan river. We will encounter fantastic views of nearby hills,
beautifull woodland and river/reservoir scapes.

Sign up for this eagerly awaited walk in JC's on wednesday and friday
12:30 to 1:30.

Our upcoming walks are:
25th November - Llanfrynach to Pontsticill - Grade A
2nd December - Woebley Castle and North Gower - Grade B1
9th December - Caerphilly Castle and Castell Coch - Grade A1

Sign up for Llanfrynach this week.  Signup will start for Woebley on Wed
21st November and Caerphilly on Wed 28th November.  Caerphilly will be our
last walk before Christmas.

######   THERE IS NO SOCIAL THIS WEEK   #######

Next Social: Ice Skating and winter fun at the Winter Wonderland

Date: Tuesday 27th November

Swansea's Winter Wonderland is a great way to try out or remember those
Ice Skating skills and get into the mood for Christmas. The rink is bigger
and better this year!

Meeting place: tbc       Cost: £5 for 40 mins outdoor skating

Penultimate social:    Tuesday 11th December   Charity Quiz night

Charity Quiz in DV8 to raise money for Maggie's Cancer Care Centres- for
more info see www.maggiescentres.org. It's going to be a brilliant night
in aid of a great cause, so mark it in your diaries and more info will be
on its way soon.

The doors and bar open 7pm with an 8pm kick off for the quiz.

It is for teams of 5 and the entrance fee is £5. Bargainous for a night of
fun! There will also be prizes for first and second place teams.

A quick note about unwanted waterproofs. If you have any we would love
em-can hand them out to those who don't have them on wet sundays.

Another quick note on the AU referendum;

THURS 22nd -IT IS IMPERITIVE YOU ALL VOTE IN THE AU REFERENDUM! for the
new constitution

FULTON HOUSE 10AM - 4PM - TAKE 2 MINS TO SUPPORT YOUR AU!

Jack.

--
Swansea University Hiking Club.