[Hiking] RE; upcoming walks and socials

Jack Jones publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Wed Oct 3 16:09:01 BST 2007

Hello Hikers,

It's great to see that the first hike and social of the year were great
successes. So thanks for that.

There were some of you in jeans and trainers on sunday. As explained in
the club constitution this is not acceptable on any walk. Boots and quick
drying light weight trousers are what is required from everyone on the
sunday walks. This will ensure you can walk with the group and have an
enjoyable day during the cold and wet weather we are expecting.

This sundays walk; Blaengarw Valley (7th October) is full. If your on the
list turn up to the coach pickups listed below and don't forget full
waterproofs, packed lunch, water, extra clothes and money for the pub.

You will be turned away if you are wearing jeans or trainers :(

Pickups:
9am Uplands Spar
9.05 Student Village (bus stop by the roundabouts)
9.15 Fulton House on Campus

Grade - B2

As i have been going on about having the right kit now is the right time
to mention our next social;

Equipment night at Leisure Quest

Tuesday 9th October

We will have the shop to ourselves with plenty of time to chat and browse.
This is a great way to get that equipment you needed at a good discount on
normal prices.

Meet - JC's @6 if you don't know where the shop is and we will walk there
as a group / Yates (nr fountain at top of wind street) @6:30 if you fancy
a drink before heading to shop  for 7 / Leisure Quest @7 if you are eager
to spend!!

Sign up this friday for Pen y Fan (Sunday 14th Oct- Grade C,3) and next
week if still space. If you know you won't have boots by this stage then
don't sign up. Only boots will do im afraid.

Cheers

Jack.