[Hiking] What's happening for the next few weeks

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Mar 4 20:03:55 GMT 2008

Hi fellow Hikers,

A few things to get through.

1. Laserzone.

We revisit this venue for more fun with lasers! Team up with friends or
play on your own. We will probably head out for a couple of drinks
afterwards.

Meet at Yates at the top of Wind Street at 7:15pm or be at laserzone by
8pm, which is also at the top of Wind Street, behind Pizza Express. Bring
STUDENT CARDS as it cost less, with Student cards it will cost about £5.

2. Rhinogs (Snowdonia) Weekend Away

for those going on the weekend away the money MUST be handed to us on
Wednesday signup. as the current weather forecast is for sunshine and
showers we strongly recommend that you have Waterproofs (jackets
essential) and Proper Hiking Boots (i.e. with ankle support). As for what
else to bring;
 - Sleeping Bag (the accommodation has mattresses so no need for a rollup
mat)
 - Food.

The accommodation those have washing and cooking faculties.

We will be leaving at 4pm on Friday afternoon, if you could drop your bags
at Friday’s signup so we can go as soon as possible. if there are any
problems don't hesitate to contact us.

There are no more walks after Rhinogs before Easter but here's a taster of
the walks going on after Easter:

April 2008
- Sunday 20th - Glamorgan Heritage Coast (Grade B,1)
- Sunday 27th - Rhossili -> Swansea, Sponsored Walk in aid of Mountain
Rescue (Grade C,1)

May 2008
- Sunday 4th - St David’s and the Pembrokeshire Coast (Grade A,1)

Signups are happening this week to pay for the Rhinogs (Snowdonia) Weekend
Away and to sign up Glamorgan Heritage Cost Walk.

See you at laserzone

James