[Hiking] (no subject)

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Thu Oct 2 12:51:19 BST 2008

Dear Hikers,

Firstly, apologies for sending yet another email for you to read. There
has been more than usual this week as it's the start of term and we're
keen you are all well informed on what's going on. Normally there is one
walk email a week and one social email a week. However, if I could ask for
some feedback on emails, that would be gratefully received. Do you like
the two emails a week? Or would you prefer further reminder emails about
upcoming events?
Also I'm sending out this email that includes all you need to know for
this weekend and upcoming events because we've had issues with bouncing
emails, which is corrected now.

For those who haven't been receiving emails:

1) SATURDAY 4th October - Amroth to Tenby B.1. There are still places on
this walk. Come along to JC's tomorrow between 12.30-1.30 to sign up.
Alternatively you can email me your name and AU number.
Although the walk is on a Saturday, the pick up times are the same:

9.00 Uplands
9.05 Village
9.15 Campus

In addition to James' email - NOTE TO ALL: It is Hiking club tradition to
visit Uplands Diner for breakfast before longer coach journey's. This
Saturday meet at Uplands Diner at 8.00-8.15. You will need the time to
order/be served/eat before the coach pick up at 9.00. Email me for
directions!

FRESHERS BALL - for those hikers wanting to hike and party we will aim to
be back on campus at roughly 6.30. I will discuss this with you all on the
day and if it affects enough people we can always leave the pub earlier if
required.

2) SUNDAY 12th October - Offa's Dyke C.3. Our first long and hillier hike
of the year for those hard-core hikers out there. From this walk onwards
HIKING BOOTS are ESSENTIAL! See below...

3) Tuesday 7th October - Equipment trip - Outdoor shop Field and Trek are
opening their doors especially for us this evening. Your chance to get
those hiking essentials and weekend away gear. (see below) More info soon.

4) Friday 17th October - Sunday 19th October WEEKEND AWAY to Elan Valley
A.1. Return of gentler walks for those who don't like the sound of C.3.
More info nearer the time.

I hope to see many of you at sign up tomorrow. Sign up for Armoth to Tenby
and Offa's Dyke available.

See you soon,
Ruth
Vice-chair