[Hiking] Offa Dyke, Elan Valley

James Rayment publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Wed Oct 8 13:56:55 BST 2008

Hello

Ok a few things to get through today but firstly if you have any photos
that you took on the first couple of walks and if you would like them to
be placed into our gallery please sent them to Katherine, our webmaster,
and she put them up. We would also like feedback as well on both the walks
and the socials.

This weekend’s walk is on Sunday 12th October. We will be walking along
some of Offa's Dyke, the boundary between Wales and England. This walk
offers stunning views along ridges and the chance to visit the remains of
Llanthony Priory.

The grade for this walk is C3 Price £5. Sign-up on Friday.

Please be aware that the No Jeans, No Trainers Rule, which Martin sent an
e-mail out about on Monday, will be enforced from this weekend. This is
done purely for your safety.

The next social we are going to Whitez Pool and Snooker Hall in Uplands.
Amy will send out an e-mail to explain this.

The following weekend is our first Weekend Away to Elan Valley.

A weekend spent walking beside huge man-made lakes. The Elan valley
supplies the water of Birmingham and the West Midlands. The
interconnecting reservoirs each have a dam to control their flow and make
for superb circular walks.

Price £40 with a £20 deposit

This is a superb weekend away and places are restricted. You can sign up
for this weekend on Friday and next week during the sign-ups.

Following Elan is an Saturday walk around Weobley Castle.

James