[Hiking] Wednesday Social this week

Martin Lilley chair at uwshiking.org.uk
Mon Oct 20 14:53:49 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

Sorry to send out another email.  Amy *poke!* forgot to put down which day
the elections and social were :) The answer is Wednesday (the 22nd) 8pm,
Mambo's bar on the Kingsway (almost opposite the Dragon hotel).  Please
come along to both parts of the social, even if you aren't standing for a
position, to support those who are.

Standing for a position on the committee is a great way to have a say in
the running of the club and to develop your CV.  Many employers look at
whether you have taken a role in the running of an activity while at
university to prove that you are capable of responsibility and leadership.
Maybe you aren't confident about taking a role now, but by the end of your
post you will have learnt a lot, I certainly did (many moons ago... nearly
100 moons now!!)

If you would like to stand for international or first year representative
and can't make the elections, please email me with your name and a couple
of sentences about why you would like the position. I will then read these
out on Wednesday.

If you have any questions, get in touch with a committee member.
Good luck all,
Martin