[Hiking] <hiking> this week's events!!!!!

Megan Jones publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Apr 28 19:54:26 BST 2009

hello everyone!

apologies once again for the lateness of last weeks email - sorry!

i hope those of you who went on the walk on sunday enjoyed yourselves! :)

this week's walk, as i hope some of you will already be aware, is the:

SPONSORED WALK!!!! (which will be taking place on SATURDAY (not sunday!)

the basic details are as follows:
- will be taking public transport in the form of a bus which we are
expecting to cost no more than £5!
- sponsor forms are available at this weeks sign up's
- it is not compulsory that you have gained sponsorship in order to join
us but it is for a worthy cause and your support would be very much
appreciated :)

ok... now for the slightly more complicated part! BUS TIMETABLE!

well... for starters the main part of saturdays plan is that we all manage
to successfully get on the same public bus - ROUTE 118 TO PORT EYNON...
(which should be entertaining enough in itself... but fingers crossed! lol!)

in order to coordinate this (hopefully with some success) below is the bus
timetable for the service we will be using:

7.50am - the quadrant bus station in town
7.58am - uplands, outside the spar
8.02am - sketty cross, outside lloyds bank
8.05am - student village, outside the carvary (the opposite side from
which we usually use!!!!)

<please be aware that these times are the times that the buses will be
departing so to be on the safe side arrive 5mins before the time stated!>

IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT ANY OF THESE LOCATIONS YOU CAN MEET US OUTSIDE OF
FULTON HOUSE AT 7.30am IN ORDER TO BE ESCORTED TO THE NEAREST BUS STOP :)

you can also email us for further directions or ask at sign up!

hope that wasn't too complicated and you all understand where you need to
be on SATURDAY! if you are joining us :)

ok... so the bus will be arriving in rhossili at approx 8.45am and we will
subsequently do our 26 mile hike back to the university...
THE WALK WILL BE MOSTLY FLAT SO THE DISTANCE SHOULDN'T BE TOO CHALLENGING
(for any of you who are having second thoughts!)

we hopefully will be arriving back at the university at approx 8pm and
will be offering the chance for you to join us at either 'the pub on the
pond' or somewhere similiar for dinner as im sure we will all be starving
and in no mood to cook!

i know the above seems like a rather heavy amount of information so just
to summarise:
- sponsor forms can be picked up at sign up this week
- you need to make your own way to one of the above bus stops OR
alternatively meet us at 7.30am outside of fulton house to be escorted to
one :)
- we are expecting to be out all day arriving back at the university at
8pm with the oppotunity of finishing up at 'the pub on the pond'
- please make sure you have enough food and water to last you the whole day!
- AND remember money for the bus fayre!

now that's all sorted :) i hope you can join us!

on a completely different topic now: PAINT BALLING & ORIENT-BEERING!

ORIENT-BEERING <next wednesday afternoon/evening>
- next week's social will be orient-beering which basically involves a
treasure hunt (using maps) with bottles of beer and other treats at each
check point <further details to come from amy later this week!>

this is a very fun event and is something which many hikers look forward
to as the highlight of the year... however as some planning is involved in
setting up the course and buying the alcohol etc... we do need to know
exactly how many people are taking part... therefore if you are interested
in joining us you need to put your name on the list this week! if you have
not put your name on the list by friday's sign up you will not be able to
take part!

the social will cost £2 per person & will need to be paid when you sign up!

PAINT BALLING! you also need to sign up for this as exact numbers are
essential for booking! the final deadline for signing up to this is next
wednesday!

sorry for the essay! hope it all makes sense!

megan - publicity officer :) x

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
        Friday 12:30-1:30