[Hiking] Hiking Latest & Greatest! Preseli Hills & Snowdonia!

Megan Jones publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Feb 24 18:43:11 GMT 2009

Hello everyone!

This week's walk will be to the Preseli Hills in Pembrokeshire - grade B2.

The walk will cost £5 and will take place on Sunday 1st March with pick
ups in the usual places:
9am - uplands (outside the spar)
9.05am - student village (opposite the toby carvary)
9.15am - campus (outside fulton house)

Don't be put off by the word 'hills' as im sure many of you often are -
myself included as my prefered walk would be a gentle stroll to the pub on
the pond!

This week's walk will NOT be ending up at the pub on the pond!
(just to avoid any confusion!)

As the walk is a bit of a drive away we are planning on starting at
uplands diner for a cooked breakfast... if you are interested in joining
us please come to the diner for 8.15am... and remember to bring along your
student card to receive your 10% student discount!(if you require
directions please ask us at sign up and we will be more than happy to give
them to you!!!)

If you choose not to join us simply meet us at the designated pick up
places (above!)

On a more serious note... despite last weeks turn out being very good afew
people failed to be dressed in the proper hiking gear - therefore we would
like to remind everyone that for health and safety reasons the following
rules are in place:
1) no jeans!
2) you need to be wearing hiking boots with ankle support!

we reserve the right to turn you away if you are not dressed appropriately
- with no refund!!!!!

Just a quick reminder that our walk will last ALL DAY so please bring an
appropriate amount of food and drink to sustain you!!!! And of course some
money for the pub at the end!!!!

I would also like to mention that we are now beginning sign up for our
easter trip to snowdonia which will take place between:
friday 20th march and wednesday 25th march!

A mixture of easy and hard walks will be offered on the 5 day trip.

The trip will cost approximately £60 and a deposit of £25 is required to
secure your place!

Looking forward to seeing you all at sign up!

Megan - publicity secretary! :) x

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
        Friday 12:30-1:30