[Hiking] This week's walk and dates for your diary

Martin Lilley chair at uwshiking.org.uk
Thu Jan 15 13:49:44 GMT 2009

Welcome back to Swansea. I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year.
James is taking a break this week while he revises so I am writing the
email.

This week's walk
Gower Backbone - B1/2
Sunday 18th January
No need to sign up for this walk. I will be walking the seven or eight
miles along the centre of Gower from Llangenith to Penmaen Church and
anyone (member or friend) is welcome to join me. A nice walk with views to
both sides of Gower.  The ground is likely to be muddy underfoot so wear
boots and bring warm clothes too.
I will be catching the 119 Gower Explorer bus at 9.36 from Uplands Spar
(9.30 Quadrant, 9.43 at the Toby Carvery (Killay direction) outside the
student village. Please note this bus goes via TyCoch not Sketty Cross).
Expected back at around 4.30pm.
Cost £4 for the Gower Day Ticket.

Dates for your diary:
Chepstow - Grade A1, Sunday 25th Jan, Cost £5 - sign up next week on
Wed/Friday in JC's.

Shropshire Away Weekend - Grade B2, Friday 30th Jan-Sunday 1st Feb. Cost
£35-40.  Fabulous countryside and possible steam train ride too. See the
website Gallery for photos from the past two years :))

Good luck in your exams
See you all soon,
Martin,

--