[Hiking] Hiking update... Caerphilly Castle!

Megan Jones publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Mar 3 20:18:11 GMT 2009

Hello everyone!

This weeks walk will be taking place on Sunday 8th March and will be an A1
walk to Caerphilly Castle - about 6 miles [which is very short! :) ]

Once we have reached the castle there will be an oppotunity to go
inside... we are expecting this to cost around 2 pounds so please bring
this money with you.

We are going to begin selling our annual hiking club t-shirts very soon!
The t-shirts will be available in red and blue and are expected to cost
around 10 pounds - please ask at sign up for further information.

We are also going to be doing a sponsored hike soon to raise money for a
local charity - last year all money raised was donated to BREACON MOUNTAIN
RESCUE and we plan on giving to an equally worth while cause this year and
would really appreciate your support!

Further information as to where and when the sponsored hike will be taking
place will appear in a later email.

Just a further reminded as to the rules hikers are expected to comply to:
1) no jeans! unfortunately some people were still wearing jeans at last
weeks walk and we cannot stress enough how uncomfortable you will be if
you get wet and muddy!
2) walking boots are necessary with ankle support!

WE WILL BE CRACKING DOWN ON THIS AND WILL BE SENDING PEOPLE AWAY IF THEY
FAIL TO TURN UP IN THE CORRECT KIT - WITH NO REFUND!!!
[we would like to remind you that these rules are in place for your
personal safety and comfort :)]

We would also like to say that energy drinks such as lucozade are not
advisable! Everyone should be carrying at least one bottle of water with
them and drinking it throughout the walk... whether or not you choose to
carry an energy drink is your choice but it MUST be as an accompaniment to
water.

Sorry about the whinge!!!! :D

See you all at sign up!!!

Megan - publicity secretary :) x