[Hiking] Route for Caerphilly Castle and Spaces Available

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Fri Mar 6 16:35:06 GMT 2009

Hello everyone,
The route for this Sunday's walk, Caerphilly Castle (A,1), is available here:

http://explore.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/os_routes/show/7780

This is only a 1:50,000 scale map but feel free to print it off and use
it. We will be using the Explorer 1:25,000 scale OS map of Cardiff &
Bridgend, number 151, for most of the walk. The walk finishes in
Caerphilly which is on the Rhondda & Merthyr Tydfil map (166).

There are still some SPACES available for this walk. It's not a very long
walk, not much climbing and we will see two castles. We will go to Castell
Coch at lunch time; this is a restored castle that you can go inside, it
should cost £3 for adults (we might be able to get a group discount).
If you're interested (and your computer can handle it!) you can go on a
360 virtual tour of the castle here:

http://www.castellcoch.info/index.html

Then when we arrive in Caerphilly at the end of the walk there is
Caerphilly Castle. It will only be open until 4pm but if we don't arrive
in time you can still get some nice photos outside it (maybe even nicer in
the setting sun).

If you haven't yet signed up for this walk and you would like to come

Don't forget the pickups are:
Uplands - 9.00am (bus stop outside Spar)
Student Village - 9.05am (bus stop outside village opposite Carvery)
University Campus - 9.15am (outside fulton house)

Since we're going through fields and woods it's likely to get quite muddy
so be prepared! Gaiters or waterproof trousers would be a good option.
Hope to see you on the walk!

Katherine

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
        Friday 12:30-1:30