[Hiking] HIKING: PEN Y FAN/BRECON CANAL... SOCIALS!

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Oct 6 22:01:19 BST 2009

Hello Hikers!

Apologies for the lateness of this email!

This week's walk is a joint walk to Pen Y Fan - the highest peak in South
Wales - and Brecon Canal! And sign up is on Wedneday and Friday as usual
in JC's!

This week's social (as mentioned in the last email)is our 'kit night' to
Blacks outdoor store on WEDNESDAY and will be followed by afew drinks!

We will be meeting at 6pm outside of Blacks, but for those of you who are
unsure where Blacks is Chris will be waiting outside Fulton House at
5.30pm to walk people over.

The sign up for our weekend away to the PEAK DISTRICT will also start this
week! The weekend itself will take place on the 16th-18th October and
total cost will be £30! There are limited places on this trip so if you
want a place you need to hurry and a £15 deposit is required to secure
your place!

Just to note, accomodation for this weekend away can best be described as
rustic so afew essentials are required:
- a sleeping bag!
- a roll mat!
- lots of warm clothes!
- along with hiking shoes and all the usual hiking gear!

Next week's social will be BOWLING! And we will be meeting on TUESDAY 13TH
at 7pm in Yates!

See you all soon!

Megan Jones - Publicity Secretary & Lesley Moore - Social Secretary.

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
        Friday 12:30-1:30