[Hiking] Hiking: Peak District & Social!

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Oct 13 11:26:08 BST 2009

Hello Hikers!

There will be no Sunday hike this weekend (16th - 18th October) as we are
going to the Peak District for our weekend away.

Don't forget tonight's social - Bowling! Meeting at 7pm at Yates at the
top of Wind Street! Cost £7 (including food!)

Next week's social will be next Tuesday and we will be heading to a local
bar for a pool night... details as to where and when will be arranged soon
so keep checking your emails!

For those of you who are going to the Peak District here's a few things
you need to know:
- the club will be providing toast and cereals for breakfast so there is
no need to bring your own.
- there is NO kitchen area so all food you bring will need to be
preprepared such as your lunch for both days hikes and any snacks you wish
to bring.
- you will need to bring your own BOWL, PLATE, MUG, KNIFE & SPOON for
breakfast as there is no kitchen utensils where we are staying.
- remember to bring money as we will be having our evening meals at the
local pub!
- you also NEED:
-- a sleeping bag
-- a roll mat or something of the similar to sleep on as we will be
sleeping on the floor!
-- lots of warm clothes
-- a torch
-- hiking boots (of course)
-- waterproofs
-- personal hygeine items such as soap shampoo and a toothbrush!

If there's anything we've left out will we notify you as soon as possible!

See You Soon!

Megan Jones - Publicity & Lesley Moore - Social Secretary!

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
        Friday 12:30-1:30