[Hiking] Pontsticill and iceskating - Last walk of term!

Chris Laidler chrislaidler at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 17:43:03 GMT 2010

Hello!

This Saturday is our last hike of term (sniff!) We'll be going to Pontsticill - a village nestled in one of the valleys at the foot of Pen y Fan for a very varied walk of over hills, around reservoirs, through forest and hopefully to some good waterfalls. We're currently unsure of the number of people we can take on this walk so please signup for it as soon as you know you're able to come. We have done walks in this area but this will be a new route so grade to be confirmed later on, although it should be no more than grade B2 - probably less though. This is likely to be another snowy walk :)

On Friday we're going to the Waterfront Winterland for ice skating! We'll be meeting at 7pm in the Potters Wheel at the end of the Kingsway and then heading down to the festive icerink located outside the Waterfront musuem. Cost of skating is £5 and it includes skate hire.
After ice skating we'll be heading to the Uplands Tavern where the band 'The Fabulous Coversluts' will be playing, this is the band who are also playing at our Christmas Party next week! :)
Hope you can join us!

A seperate email will be sent out later in the week to remind you all of the details of the Christmas Dinner.

Hope to see you all soon!
Chris