[Hiking] Welcome back, first social and walk

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Sat Jan 23 14:26:19 GMT 2010

Hello everyone and welcome back. Hope you all enjoyed your holidays and
coped with exams. Firstly there will be no walk tomorrow (our first walk
will be pushed back a week later).

On Monday we will be at Refresher's fayre, which should be held in Dining
Room B, from 10am. This is primarily for new students to join the club but
we will also be starting sign up for next Sunday.

Our first social will be on Wednesday 27th, it's basically a catch up
social for the start of term involving pubs! Meeting in JC's at 7pm,
staying for a bit, then seeing where things go from there, heading over to
local pubs.

Our first walk will be Chepstow to Tintern Abbey, now on Sunday 31st
January. This is a nice wooded walk, walking along a river and ending by
the historic Tintern Abbey. This is a great opportunity for some who want
to see the Abbey. It will cost £5, get a place at sign ups this week,
Wednesday and Friday, 12.30-1.30pm in JC's quiet side as usual.

Also sign up this week for our weekend away trip to Cheddar Gorge! Taking
place from Friday 5th -> Sunday 7th February, this weekend away will be
great fun and is fairly easy going. It will include a visit to a cider
farm, and places like Cheddar, Wells and Glastonbury. Perhaps more
touristy than the other weekends away but still has good walking too. More
details to follow soon.

See you!

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
        Friday 12:30-1:30