[Hiking] Fresher's fayre and the first few walks.

Chris Laidler chrislaidler at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 12:22:32 BST 2010

Hello!

I hope you all had a good holiday!

The committee are busy preparing things for the coming hiking year, and our walks programme for 2010 - 2011 is now on the website here http://www.hiking.org.uk/walks .Our first walk this year will be on Sunday 3rd of October and there will be a choice of two routes; Rhossili to Port Eynon or Penmaen to Port Eynon (new walk), grades A1 and B1 respectively, our second walk will be on Sunday 10th of October and will be a new walk near Hirwaun at the top of the Neath valley . We will be signing people up the first two walks at freshers fayre and we anticipate them both being very busy, so if you would like to come along then come and find us at fresher's fayre which is scheduled for Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th of September.

Just to remind you all that even if you were a club member last year you must rejoin the AU and the hiking club for the 2010 2011 academic year - AU membership is available online and there will be an opportunity to collect your card on Tuesday 28th September (before freshers fayre) if you want to avoid the AU sign-up queues.

In the meantime we will be clearing our mailing list so that we don't spam people who were in the club years ago and also to carry out a few maintenance tests. This email may be followed by an 'unsubscribe' email which you can ignore. You will be re-added to the mailing list automatically when you rejoin the club, however if you are not going to be in the club this year but would like to continue to receive the emails then send me a reply to chair at hiking.org.uk and I'll add you to the list after the tests are complete.

Look forward to seeing you all again!
Chris :)