[Hiking] Offas Dyke, Swimming and Rhinogs weekend!

Chris Laidler chrislaidler at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 14:36:05 GMT 2011

Hello!

Next weekend is our two day trip to Shropshire, the trip is now full and those of you who have signed up to this trip will receive a special email with more information in the next few days. Most of you have only paid the £20 deposit and the remaining £15 is now due.

The next day hike will be Sunday the 20th of February when we're heading to the Eastern edge of the Brecon Beacons for our Offa's dyke walk. We'll be walking along part of a long distance footpath which follows the route of an 8th century dyke built to protect Mercia (part of England) from Powys (part of Wales). Places on this walk are very limmitted because we will be taking cars so sign up to the walk ASAP, we'll also be asking people to pay for the walk when they sign up. Car drivers/owners - this walk will be free for you and we'll pay your fuel if you don't mind giving a few others a lift!

The next full weekend trip away is to the Rhinogs (part of the Snowdonia national park) from the 4th to the 6th of March. We are starting to sign people up to this trip this week. Places are again quite limited so get in quick! We're not quite sure of the trip cost yet but it will be no more than £35 for the weekend and you can secure your place with a £20 deposit. Drivers - if you can bring your car we'll pay your fuel and you'll get £15 off the cost of the trip.

This Tuesday we are having a swimming social, we're going to LC2 in the town centre to have a bit of fun on their flumes and slides :)  Meet 7.15pm in the entrance way to LC2, remember to bring your swimming kit and your student card for discount entry!

Would you like a free hike? (or £5 off a weekend?) -persuade a friend to
 join the club and come on a hike and you'll be allowed to come on one
of our hikes for free!

One last thing, due to academic commitments we will now run our sign ups from 12.45 - 13.15 Wednesday and Friday (slightly shorter than previously) If you want to sign up to a walk or pay the remaining balance for the Shropshire trip then find us there!

Chris :)