[Hiking] Hiking is cool. yeah that's right, cool.

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Wed Oct 12 13:26:22 BST 2011

Hey Hikers,

The hike this Saturday will be to the Preseli Hills, and will cost
£5.00. The Preseli Hills is an area steeped in history and there are
rumours that the rocks that built Stone Henge were taken from this area.
This walk will be approx. 14.3km (last week we walked 15.2km) and we
aim to be back around 7:30pm.

Pick up times:

Uplands (outside Sainsbury's) - 9:00am
Student Village (outside opposite the Carvery) - 9:05am
Uni - 9:15am
Get there 10 minutes early to avoid missing the bus!

Remember to wear sensible hiking shoes, bring waterproofs, a packed
lunch, water and of course money for the pub (which is worth going to as
it's kitted out like an old train station!). To guarantee a place on the
trip bus you must come to the sign up and pay beforehand.

Our next Social is next Wednesday to Mumbles where we will be having
dinner and a chilled out evening in the pub :)

To sign up for the hike or the social, come along to JC's on Friday
12:30-1:30pm.

ALSO, next weekend is our trip to Exmoor. We will be going on Friday
and staying in a bunkhouse for two nights and of course hiking both
days. The bunk house is only 1/4 mile from the nearest pub and this
weekend is a great chance to get away from it all and really get to know
the hiking club. If you're interested, let us know. More information on
this to come.

See you on a hike soon,

Charlotte (Publicity Officer)

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30