[Hiking] Exmoor!! and some other things..

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Tue Oct 18 18:56:20 BST 2011

Hey Hikers!

There's loads of awesome hiking stuff going on this week and in weeks
to come so (as U2 says) get on your boots!

This weekend is our first weekend away to Exmoor! We'll be leaving from
uni at 6:00pm on friday and returning late on Sunday. We'll be staying
in a bunkhouse in Ilfracombe but it only sleeps 20 so places will be
limited. There are mattresses, but you still need to bring sleeping bag.
You will also need to bring your walking boots, a torch, appropriate
clothing, waterproofs, base layers and changes of clothes as you will
probably get wet. You also need to go to the shops and get all the food
you're going to need for the weekend. The total cost of the trip will be
£41. We'll be hiking around Lynmouth on Saturday and Lee Downs on
Sunday. Sign up today at JC's 12:30-1:30pm or on Friday same time, same
place.

ALSO, our next day walk will be to Carreg Caennan on 30th October,
watch this space for details.

Socials-wise, this is just a reminder for the social tomorrow to
Mumbles. If you have put your name down, we'll be meeting outside Fulton
house 6:30pm and walking over as a group.

Our first year rep elections will be on Wednesday 26th October. If
you're a keen hiker and would like to be part of the committee then you
should definitely consider standing. We'll send out more details closer
to the time, but start thinking about it now :) The elections will be
followed by a social as well!

Our first night hike will be on the 1st November, and will be fancy
dress: HALLOWEEN THEME!!!!!!!!!!!! So if you wish to scare any
unsuspecting cows on the Gower, come along!

I know that was a lot of info, but hopefully you managed to digest some
of it and will come on one of our hiking events soon!
See you at sign up,

Charlotte x

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
         Friday 12:30-1:30