[Jokes] Shakespearean Error Messages

Manic manic at sucs.swan.ac.uk
Wed May 23 12:26:01 BST 2001

Hiyas,

I'm sure you've probably seen these before, but what the heck...

Shakespearean Error Messages - what if the Bard knew unix...

 What a piece of work is man, how noble in reason, how infinite in
faculties, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how
like an angel, in apprehension how like a god: the beauty of the world,
the paragon of animals; and yet your login is incorrect, try again, you
quintessence of dust.

'Tis nothing to you, for there is nothing either good or bad but thinking
makes it so, except for that bad command or file name.

Brevity is the soul of wit; too many arguments.

A little more than kin, and less than kind, and even less memory.

The fs type is out of joint. Oh cursed spite, that ever I was born to set
it right!

What is the matter that you read, my lord?
Read error, file not found.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are in your
kernel, but it's still too big.

Your process hath shuffled off this mortal coil.

Oh, what a noble drive here is o'erthrown!

'Sblood, do you think I am easier to be played upon than a pipe? OK, maybe
not that pipe.

I'll lug the guts into the neighbor room, or just dump them in your root
directory.

Something is busy in the state of your mount point.

Revenge should have no bounds. As for floating points, I'll make an
exception.

Oh, what a rogue and peasant slave am I, to this server what reset my
connection!

Fie, thy grief is a fault to heaven, a fault against the dead, a fault to
nature, and a fault of segmentation.

Dost thou hear me, old friend? Can you play The Murder of Gonzago?
Memory access error.

Your login flies up, your password remains below; to logins without
passwords authentication never goes.

Something wicked this way comes -- oh good, permission denied.

Bus error: the rest is silence.

As he did command, I did repel your packets and denied you access to me.

And flights of angels sing thy process to its rest!

That's all for now,

Manic

Email: manic at sucs.org
HTTP://www.sucs.org/~manic