[Jokes] Tribute to Murray Walker

Tim Jenkins tim.jenkins at freeuk.com
Tue Oct 2 21:48:44 BST 2001

How else can we do a tribute to murray walker except show you some of the mistakes hes made during commentating so here they are.

"The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical"

"Into lap 53, the penultimate last lap but one"

"With half the race gone, there is half the race still to go"

"I should imagine that the conditions in the cockpit are unimaginable!"

"And there's no damage to the car... except to the car itself."

"This is an interesting circuit because it has inclines, and not just up, but down as well."

"Watch the lights go out...one light...two lights...three laps..."

"As you can see, visually, with your eyes..."

"An Achilles heel for the McLaren team this year, and it's literally the heel because it's the gearbox"

"That's history. I say history because it happened in the past."

"Two laps to go, then the action will begin. Unless this is the action, which it is."

"Either the car is stationary or it's on the move."

"It's not quite a curve, it's a straight actually."

"And the first five places are filled by five different cars."