[Jokes] FW: Warms the cockles of your heart

McKenna, Chris (RDSSW) chris.mckenna at defra.gsi.gov.uk
Tue Jul 23 17:10:31 BST 2002

The following letter was forwarded by someone who teaches at a small Junior
high school in Memphis, Tennessee. The letter was sent to the principal's
office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly. This story
is a credit to all humankind. Read it, soak it in, and bask in the warm
feeling that it leaves you with. . .. . .

Dear Reyer School,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizen's
luncheon. I'm 94 years old and live at the Memphis County home for the Aged.
My

family has long since passed away and I rarely have visitors. As a result, I
have very limited contact with the outside world. This makes your gift
especially welcome.

My room mate,Maggie Cook has a radio and listens to it all the time but
usually with headphones on or with the volume so low that I can't hear it.
For some reason, she has never wanted to share it. This morning while
listening to her morning gospel prayers she accidentally knocked her radio
off its shelf. It smashed into many pieces, and caused her to cry. It was so
sad. Fortunately, I had my new radio. Knowing this, Maggie asked if shecould
listen to mine. Thanks to you I was able to

tell her to go fuck herself.

God bless you for your kindness to an old, forgotten lady.

sincerely,

Edna Johnson