[Jokes] [TTFF] Earthquake Appeal (fwd)

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Sat Oct 5 14:48:16 BST 2002

--
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna

cmckenna at sucs.swan.ac.uk
awkward at gmx.co.uk
www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~cmckenna

but with the heart

Antoine de Saint Exupery

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:23:12 +0100
From: alanradley <alanradley at 0800dial.com>
To: ttforumfriends at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [TTFF] Earthquake Appeal

URGENT - DUDLEY EARTHQUAKE APPEAL

At 00:54 on Monday 23 September an earthquake measuring 4.8 on the
Richter scale hit Dudley,UK causing untold disruption and distress.

Many were woken well before their giro arrived
Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish costas

were damaged
Three areas of historic and scientifically significant litter were disturbed
Thousands are confused and bewildered, trying to come to terms with the
 fact that something interesting has happened in Dudley

 One resident, Donna-Marie Dutton, a 17 year old mother-of-three said "It
 was such a shock, little Chantal-Leanne came running into my bedroom
 crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it. I
 was still shaking when I was watching Trisha the next morning."

 Apparently though, looting did carry on as normal.

 The British Red Cross have so far managed to ship 4000 crates of Sunny
 Delight to the area to help the stricken masses.
 Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found
 large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books and jewellery
 from Elizabeth Duke at Argos.

 HOW YOU CAN HELP

£2 buys chips, scraps and blue pop for a family of four
£10 can take a family to Stourport for the day, where children can play
on an unspoiled canal bank among the national collection of stinging nettles
22p buys a biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim

 PLEASE ACT NOW

 Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the
 rest!

 If you prefer to donate cash, there are collection points available at
 your local branches of Argos, Iceland and Clinton Cards

Home Selling? Try Us!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QrPZMC/iTmEAA/MVfIAA/p3prlB/TM