[Jokes] FW: [TTFF] Witching hour

McKenna, Chris (RDSSW) chris.mckenna at defra.gsi.gov.uk
Fri Oct 25 10:14:37 BST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Evans [mailto:tim_m_evans at hotmail.com]
Sent: 24 October 2002 21:22
To: Time team forum friends
Subject: [TTFF] Witching hour

Well, with the current level of jokes being shared being of a universally
low level I thought you lot might appreciate this story I found in the
latest issue of Loaded. (yes, yes I know, but I need something to get my
knuckles back on the floor every once in a while!)

 Apparently Mattel had vended a new toy broomstick based on the Harry Potter
films with the broom being given a vibrating effect to simulate it having 'a
mind of its own'. According to Loaded it sold like hot cakes and Amazon
carried loads of customer comments from children's parents on its website
until someone tipped them off about what was really happening. Two comments
according to the mag went "My 12 year old plays with it for hours in her
bedroom. My eldest daughter (17) likes it as well."  Another read "I was
afraid my 12 year old daughter would think it was too babyish, but she loves
this toy! Even my daughters friends enjoy playing with this fun toy. I was
amazed at how long they could stay in her room playing with this magic
broomstick!".............

Isn't it nice to know there are still some really innocent people out there?
:-)