[Jokes] FW: [TTFF] Why boats are really referred to as “she”

McKenna, Chris (RDSSW) chris.mckenna at defra.gsi.gov.uk
Tue Aug 19 10:48:59 BST 2003

>>Joe and John were identical twins. Joe owned an old dilapidated

>>boat and kept pretty much to himself. One day he rented out his

>>boat to a group of out-of-staters who ended up sinking it. He

>>spent all day trying to salvage as much stuff as he could from

>>the sunken vessel and was out of touch all that day and most of

>>the evening. Unbeknownst to him, his brother John’s wife had died

>>suddenly in his absence.

>>When he got back on shore he went into town to pick up a few

>>things at the grocery. A kind old woman there mistook him for

>>John and said, "I’m so sorry for your loss. You must feel

>>terrible."

>>Joe, thinking she was talking about his boat said, "Hell no!

>>Fact is I’m sort of glad to be rid of her. She was a rotten old

>>thing from the beginning. Her bottom was all shriveled up and she

>>smelled like old dead fish. She was always holding water. She had

>>a bad crack in the back and a pretty big hole in the front too.

>>Every time I used her, her hole got bigger and she leaked like

>>crazy."

>>I guess what finally finished her off was when I rented her to

>>those four guys looking for a good time. I warned them that she

>>wasn’t very good and that she smelled bad. But they wanted her

>>anyway. The damn fools tried to get in her all at one time and

>>she split right up the middle."

>>The old woman fainted.

Corinne Mills

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only. Its
unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have
received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender. Whilst this
email and associated attachments will have been checked for known viruses
whilst within Defra systems we can accept no responsibility once it has left our
systems. Communications on Defra's computer systems may be monitored
and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.