[Jokes] a dodgy un-PC one (fwd)

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Fri Oct 31 13:04:52 GMT 2003

--
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna

cmckenna at sucs.org
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna

but with the heart

Antoine de Saint Exupery

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:51:25 +0000
From: Peter Glass
Subject: [TTFF] a dodgy un-PC one

A young man in a wheelchair rolls on to the stage of "Stars in their Eyes",
and Matthew Kelly introduces him as Simon.

MK: "It's very brave you coming out here in your wheelchair, can you tell
the audience what happened?"

Simon: "About a year ago, I was driving with my uncle when we had a really
big accident. Unfortunately, my uncle was killed outright, but I survived,
trapped in the car for 6 hours and had to be cut free. The doctors had me in
surgery for 12 hours, but they couldn't save my legs."

MK: "That's terrible, but I see you have legs now, are they artificial?"

Simon: "No, Matthew, whilst in hospital, the doctors advised me that the
uncle who had been in the car with me had passed away, but that his legs
were fine, and that with all the advances in medical science, they could
graft his legs onto my body. I have been having physiotherapy for 6 months,
and I hope to be walking again by the end of the year."

Much applause.

MK: "That's fantastic. So, who are you going to be?"

Simon: "Tonight Matthew,... I'm going to be....

Simon and half-uncle."