[Jokes] Historical Spam Subject Lines (fwd)

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Mon Sep 13 02:25:52 BST 2004

--
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna

cmckenna at sucs.org
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna

but with the heart

Antoine de Saint Exupery

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Historical Spam Subject Lines

The other day as we were scrolling through the penile enlargement spam ads
in our e-mail (we're not the only ones who get those, right? Right? Hello?
Anyone?), we thought, "Gee, I wonder what these spam subject lines looked
like way back in olden times. You know, before there were computers?"
Hysterical list of Historical Spam Subject Lines:

* Order Your British Redcoats Playing Cards!

* Ogg, Please Read: Name-Brand Berries for Your Cave Paintings!

* Augmenteth Thy Codpiece!

* Can't Start Smoking? We Can Help!

* Buy Your Own Continent With NO TRINKETS DOWN!!

* URGENT VIRUS ALERT! Don't Open Your City Gates for Giant Wooden Horses!

* URGENT ASSIS-TANCE NEEDED BY MRS. JULIUS CAESAR WITH 800,000 SESTERCES
GOLD

* Feel young again, Lazarus!

* The HOTTEST Puritan Women Taking Their Bonnets Off Just For YOU!!!

* Take Inches Off Your Waistline! New Corset Works Miracles!

* Discount Maile-Order Leeches Delivered By Plaine Browne Buggy To Your
Home -- Without a Barber's Prescription!

* You, Too, Can Work From Your Teepee!

* It's August 1929: Do You Know Where Your Money Is? HOT!! Stock Tips
Inside!----->