[Jokes] Car insurance

Peter Berry pwb at sucs.org
Sat Jan 22 02:41:03 GMT 2005

>From the Times via the Plain English Campaign's newsletter:

Sir,

I have received an insurance company leaflet which suggests that I could
save over £200 on my car insurance. The small print then explains:

"All price saving comparisons included in this leaflet are based on a 44
year old female living in the Darlington area, with Comprehensive cover
but zero No Claims Discount, driving 12999 miles per year in a 2002 Rover
25 1.4."

If she would like to get in touch with me I will pass the leaflet on to
her.

--
Peter Berry, SUCS Ex-Treasurer
<pwb at sucs.org