[Jokes] Murphy the spy! (fwd)

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Fri Oct 28 08:24:56 BST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
The CIA loses track of one of its operatives, and so calls  in
one of their top spy hunters.

The CIA  boss says, "All I can tell you is that his name is
Murphy and  that he's somewhere in Ireland. If you think you've
located him,  tell him the code words, 'The weather forecast
calls for mist in  the morning.' If it's really him, he'll
answer, 'Yes, and for  mist at noon as well.'"

So the spy hunter goes to Ireland  and stops in a bar in one of
the small towns. He says to the  bartender, "Maybe you can help
me. I'm looking for a guy named  Murphy."

The bartender replies, "You're going to have to be  more specific
because, around here, there are lots of guys named  Murphy.
There's Murphy the Baker, who runs the pastry shop on  the next
block. There's Murphy the Banker, who's president of  our local
savings bank. There's Murphy the Blacksmith, who works  at the
stables. And, as a matter of fact, my name is Murphy,  too."

Hearing this, the spy hunter figures he might as well  try the
code words on the bartender, so he says, "The weather  forecast
calls for mist in the morning."

The  bartender replies, "Oh, you're looking for Murphy the Spy.
He  lives right down the street on the left."