[Jokes] Dogs and gators

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Tue Apr 18 18:48:08 BST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Pack of Dogs Kill 'Gator In Florida .....Not for the squeamish!

It just shows that dogs are not that far removed from wolves......

Vicious Dog Pack kills Gator In Florida

Dogs savage everglade alligator.  At times nature can be cruel, but there is
also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that
cruelty.

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally
considered the "apex predator" in it's natural eco-system, can still fall
victim to  implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible due to the tight
knit social structure  and "survival of the fittest pack mentality", bred
into the canines over the  last several hundreds of years by natural
selection.

See the remarkable photograph courtesy of Nature Magazine ...

Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator preventing it from
breathing, while the remainder of the pack prevents the beast from rolling.

We strongly recommend that you preview this privately before determining if
a younger audience views it ..

http://www.sucs.org/~cmckenna/humour/images/gator.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED FROM THE INTERNET.

On entering the GSi, this email was scanned for viruses by the Government
Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable &
Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

Please see http://www.gsi.gov.uk/main/notices/information/gsi-003-2002.pdf
for further details.

In case of problems, please call your organisational IT helpdesk

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only.
If you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose,
store or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform
the sender.
Whilst this email and associated attachments will have been checked
for known viruses whilst within Defra systems we can accept no
responsibility once it has left our systems.
Communications on Defra's computer systems may be monitored and/or
recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.