[Jokes] The Radio (fwd)

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Tue Sep 30 12:03:03 BST 2008

This will warm your heart. Just when you have lost faith in human
kindness. Someone who teaches at an Elementary in Thorsby forwarded the
following letter.

The letter was sent to the principal's office after the school had sponsored a
luncheon for the elderly. An old lady received a new radio at the lunch as a
prize and was writing to say thank you.

This story is a credit to all humankind. Forward to anyone you know who might
need a lift today.

Dear Thorsby School: God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent
senior citizens luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Sunnybrook Assisted
Home for the Aged. My family have all passed away and I am alone so thank you
for your kindness to a forgotten old lady.

My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio, but she would never let me
listen to hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a lot of pieces.
It was awful and she was in tears. She asked if she could listen to mine but I
told her to fuck off.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely, Edna.