[SUCS] Time for Elections!
imranh at sucs.org
Mon Nov 14 09:33:30 GMT 2016
The sun isn't out, the birds aren't singing, it's very wet, and my
boiler is broken. What am I talking about? I hear you cry, Elections!
Interested in helping shape the best society on campus? Good, then keep
on reading :)
If you have been a student member from at least the 7th of November and
are expecting to still be a student in September of 2017 then you can
Nominations for positions on the executive committee, which lasts a
whole calendar year, will be open on the 21st of November at 00:00, and
will end on the 27th of November at 23:59. The standard rules apply, to
be nominated for a position you must have 2 other student members put
your name forward, an email must be sent to vote at sucs.org. Those
students must have been members from 2 weeks before nominations open, so
the 7th of November in this case.
Here's a list of positions and what you can expect to be doing:
NONE OF THESE POSITIONS ARE TECHNICAL ROLES. NO EXPERIENCE WITH
President (president at sucs.org):
* Responsible for the overall running of the society.
* A spokesperson for the society, able to promote the society’s
interests in outside circles. The main point of contact for liaison with
* Responsible for calling committee meetings and full society meetings.
* Supporting the other committee members in their roles.
* Joint responsibility (with Treasurer) of authorising all payments.
* Ensure that the aims and objectives of the society are being
Treasurer (treasurer at sucs.org):
* Responsible for the financial affairs of the society.
* Manage a record of the society’s finances.
* Able to present the finances of the society to the Societies and
Services Officer upon request.
* Joint responsibility (with President) of authorising all payments.
* Lead on applications for grant funding (with President).
* Requesting cheques/petty cash/bank transfers from the SU Finance
Secretary (secretary at sucs.org):
* Responsible for the administration of the society.
* Minute-taker for all meetings of the committee and the whole society.
* Responsible for notifying members of Annual General
* Maintain all records of the society.
Publicity (publicty at sucs.org):
* Responsible for organising society events
* Working with the president to complete room bookings
* Promoting the society
* Be the societies PR person
Gaming (gamingofficer at sucs.org):
* To make sure the games server is functional and all our members can
* To help decide what games and mods are run on the server
* To run and organise events (related to gaming)
* To work with the publicity officer in regards to games
If none of the above positions look appealing or you would also like to
get involved with the technical side of the society drop admin at sucs.org
Once the nominations have closed the mandatory 2 day break will be
enforced. Online voting will begin on 30/11/2016 at 00:00 and will close
on 07/12/2016 at 23:59.
Our returning officer is Imran Hussain (imranh). Any queries should be
directed at him via the email address vote at sucs.org. All the election
rules can be found in our constitution which is at
Good luck and have fun!
tl;dr SUCS Elections! Nominations 21st-27th November, Voting 30th Nov
to 7th Dec
More information about the Members