[UWSMC] On-line sign up sheets

UWSMC uwsmc at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 20:18:12 GMT 2007

Hi,

We've recently decided to introduce on-line sign up
sheets on the club website. The advantages of this are
that you can sign up at any time and that the sign up
sheets will be created automatically as soon as the
event is put on the website. Sign up sheets for
regular events (such as Mondays) are created
automatically each week.

Hopefully this will mean that people start to actually
sign up for trips instead of just turning up - at the
moment the minibus is getting quite full on Mondays
and if people don't sign up then it's difficult to
decide who to give a place to.

You can access the on-line sign up sheets by going to
the events page of the website
(http://www.uwsmc.org.uk/events) and clicking on the
relevant 'Sign Up' link.

If there are no real objections to this plan then this
system will replace the normal sign up sheets on the
notice board, starting from next Monday. If you object
to this then please let us know and we'll try to work
something out for you.

Aside from perhaps a way to specify that you need gear
(I'll add that tomorrow), is there anything missing
from the on-line sign up sheets that you'd like me to
add? Let me know by replying to this email, otherwise
just start using the new sign up sheets.

UWSMC Committee
Web: http://www.uwsmc.org.uk
Forum: http://www.uwsmc.org.uk/cragchat