[UWSMC] Important Climbing Stuff!!!

UWSMC uwsmc at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 10:58:22 BST 2007

Hey,

If you didn't come on Monday's Trip there were a few
important things said that you missed.

Firstly (and most importantly) our first socially is
going to be on this WEDNESDAY (tomorrow) starting at
8:00pm at JC's (the uni pub). We'll probably hang
around there for a while and then head into town to
Wind Street, have a few games, get some more drinks
and then go to PLAY for the AU launch night (I did say
on the bus Time and Envy, but it's going to be packed
and this is a bit short notice for tickets!!) You will
need a ticket for entry into PLAY, but you can get
them at the door.

Secondly our first outdoor trip to the Gower will be
happening this SATURDAY. We'll be going down to Boiler
Slab at around 10:00am and coming back late afternoon.
You'll need a pack lunch and some warm clothes, as it
can get quite chilly on the sea cliffs, plus an
overall won't do any harm! For the beginners this will
be your first chance to climb on some real rock! It's
good practice if you want to come on the weekend trips
that the club does later in the term. You'll need to
sign up on the website for this trip, so if you
haven't already register with the clubs forum (Crag
Chat) first and under the 'Events' page you can sign
up to the trips. You can also say which kit you'll
need. For the most of you, you’ll only need a helmet,
a harness, shoes and a belay plate. The total cost
should be about £2.

Finally you can also sign up to the clubs weekend
trips (same process as above). The first on is to
Portland (off the cost of Dorset) for some Sport
Climbing and the second on is in North Wales for some
Trad Climbing. For These Trips you will need to know
how to lead belay, if you don't know ask one of us and
will teach you during the next climbing session.

ANY QUESTION PLESE ASK OR POST ON CRIG CHAT (POSTING
ON CRAG CHAT IS BEST AS MORE MEMBERS OF THE CLUB WILL
BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY OF YOUR PROBLEMS)

DOM

UWSMC Committee
Web: http://www.uwsmc.org.uk