[SUMC] North Wales Details

SUMC Secretary secretary at sumc.org.uk
Tue Oct 7 12:14:35 BST 2008

Hi, just a few details on the North Wales trip this weekend.

We aim to leave Swansea by 5.00, so please meet outside Fulton House around
4.30-4.45.

We'll stop of somewhere on the way for fish and chips (probably in
Rhayader), Saturday night we'll go to the pub next door for food, and go
somewhere on the Sunday for food aswell.  There aren't any cooking
facilities in the bunkbarn, so you'll need to bring a stove if you want to
cook anything. I'd reccomend bringing some food for
breakfasts/lunches/snacks, although there is a shop in Capel Curig.

The bunkbarn has comfy beds, and you'll need to bring a sleeping bag.

For anyone who's never been to North Wales, the weather is very
unpredictable, so bring waterproofs, warm clothing, hats, gloves etc...!
Bring some outdoor style trousers - jeans arent any good to go climbing when
they get wet!!

Walking boots/strong shoes will be needed - both for walking to the crag and
walking down once you've finished the climb.  A small rucksack that you can
climb in is handy to take your boots/waterproofs/food with you when
climbing.

Dont forget the usual stuff like toiletries....there is a shower at the
accomodation.  Also bring a bit of toilet roll - there isnt always any
bunkbarns!

If anyone has any guidebooks for the area, please bring them along.

The cost of the trip will be £25

Kind Regards

Tom Webber