[SUMC] BMC Winter Lectures

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Fri Nov 13 10:10:18 GMT 2009

Hi, if theres anyone else interested in going to the BMC winter lecture in
Cardiff on 24/11/09, then please sign up on the website by Monday, as I'm
going to book the tickets.  Tickets cost £5, and we'll be heading over in
cars.

The lecture covers different skills needed when out mountaineering in winter
conditions.  This is the info from the BMC about the event:

*"SPEAKERS & CONTENT
Sponsored by Lowe Alpine and Asolo the lecture will be presented by Dave
Hollinger <http://www.mountainpulse.co.uk/> and Rob
Jarvis<http://www.highlandguides.com/>(British Mountain Guides).
Whatever aspect of winter mountaineering you
aspire to, Dave and Rob will make you aware of the skills required to
explore the winter mountains. Topics covered include:

Equipment and clothing
Navigation
Footwork
Route planning
Avalanche awareness
Climbing and much more.

Dave and Rob deliver the lecture in a highly informative way with some great
practical elements that draw on a wealth of first hand experience. There
will be a host of humorous tales from which to glean invaluable advice and
photos to inspire you on your winter adventures. * *There will also be a
Lowe Alpine free prize draw for audience members."

All the best,
Tom

*SUMC Committee