[SUMC] Beginners Day Trip - Boiler Slab - Car drivers needed!

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Thu Oct 8 14:08:24 BST 2009

Hi,
the first outdoor trip will take place next Saturday 17th October.  We're
heading down to Boiler
Slab<http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1031>,
which is a crag on Gower near Port Eynon.  We'll be leaving at 09.00 from
the front of Fulton House, and the cost of the trip will be £5.  All
climbing equipment will be provided, but below is a list of things to bring:

-Food and drink
-Sensible Clothing - ie: warm clothes, waterproofs and appropriate trouser
(Jeans are NOT appropriate!)
-Strong shoes - ie: boots or stiff trainers, as its a bit of a walk to the
crag

Also, the AU have said that we can't have a minibus for the trip, so we'll
need to do it in cars.  If you've got a car, and are happy to drive, it'd be
really useful if you give lifts to people.  The club would of course cover
your fuel and parking costs.

To come on this trip, you'll need to sign up on the website.  This involves
registering, and going to the 'events' page.  When you sign up, please put
what gear you'll need (ie: harness, belay plate and helmet), and also
whether you have a car.

Kind Regards
Tom Webber