[SUMC] Freshers Rep

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Sun Oct 18 14:16:55 BST 2009

Hi Everyone

Last year we decided to nominate the committee position of freshers rep at
the beginning of this academic year in an attempt to get freshers more
actively involved in the club.

The freshers rep is responsible for encouraging other freshers/newbies to
the club to keep coming to trips and socials.  You'll also be expected to
attend a committee meeting every two weeks, this is where we discuss and
organise the up and coming trips and socials and also where you can
contribute your thoughts about what we should be doing.  You should also be
keen to come on most of the trips.

By fresher I really mean someone who is new to the club so anyone interested
in the role should ideally be new to the club.

If anyone is interested let us know by replying to this e-mail, and also if
you have any questions give us an e-mail.

We'll be electing the freshers rep on Thursday 29th of October and will be
meeting a 6.00pm in JC's so anyone interested keep this date free.

Overall its a great way to get involved with the running of the club.

Best Regards
Rachel